Do you regularly suffer from rhinitis and are you looking for an ENT specialist in Barcelona?
Viral rhinitis, allergic rhinitis, atrophic rhinitis... There is not just one rhinitis but many. The best known is allergic rhinitis, better known as "hay fever".
If you regularly suffer from rhinitis, do not hesitate to make an appointment with our English-speaking ear, nose and throat specialist!
Make an appointment now!
Fast track your treatment
To book an appointment or speak with one of our friendly team, please get in touch using the options below.
What are the symptoms of rhinitis?
The main symptoms of rhinitis are:
- A runny nose,
- Nasal congestion,
- A feeling of a stuffy head,
- Watery eyes,
- Crusts in the nose in the case of atrophic rhinitis.
When rhinitis is accompanied by a sore throat, it is called rhinopharyngitis.
The different types of rhinitis
A distinction is generally made between allergic rhinitis and non-allergic rhinitis.
Non-allergic rhinitis refers to viral rhinitis, more commonly known as the common cold.
There are several forms of non-allergic rhinitis:
- Acute rhinitis: this is a classic cold. It is most common in winter and lasts about a week.
- Chronic rhinitis: this corresponds to a prolongation (more than 3 months) of an inflammatory or infectious rhinitis.
- Atrophic rhinitis: this is more frequent in the elderly and leads to atrophy and sclerosis of the mucosa.
- Vasomotor rhinitis: also known as non-allergic rhinitis, this is a chronic disease in which intermittent vascular engorgement of the nasal mucosa causes clear rhinorrhea and sneezing.
ENT problems are common.
Don't let them ruin your life!
Treatment of rhinitis
The treatment of rhinitis depends partly on whether it is viral, allergic or other.
How to prevent respiratory allergies?
If it is complicated to control pollution or the consequences of global warming, the doctors of our medical center insist on the harmful effects of certain aggravating factors:
- Passive smoking
- Unventilated rooms
- The stress
- A poor diet