Are you looking for a specialist in anti-ageing nutrition?
On average we are living longer and we face a new challenge of living through the years in good health. Ageing is inevitable but it is possible to slow down its harmful effects on the body by adapting one's lifestyle. More specifically, it is possible to preserve your body and your skin by adopting a balanced diet rich in antioxidants.
The nutritionists at our medical clinic in the heart of Barcelona will review your dietary balance and propose a programme that will allow you to anticipate and delay the changes associated with ageing.
What is anti-ageing nutrition?
Of course, it is impossible to stop time from passing. However, you can preserve your health and keep fit for many years by adopting a suitable diet and a healthy lifestyle.
When we talk about anti-ageing nutrition or 'well ageing', we generally aim to achieve several objectives:
- Slowing down skin ageing
- Preservation of intellect
- Preservation of bone strength
- Maintaining good general health for as long as possible
It is not so much a question of following a diet, but rather of modifying one's daily eating habits in order to select anti-ageing nutrients designed to avoid age-related pathologies.
It may sound obvious, but to stay healthy longer, you need to banish junk food and reduce processed foods, which usually contain a lot of chemical additives.
The ideal is to favour natural, organic and locally produced foods to ensure maximum intake of micro-nutrients.
More than going on a diet, the idea is to eat consciously without excess to give your body exactly what it needs.
Also, eating and chewing slowly will jointly improve the assimilation of nutrients, digestion and the balance of your intestinal flora.
Some fruits and vegetables are particularly rich in antioxidants:
- Fruits : kiwis, grapes, figs, red fruits
- Vegetables: aubergines, peppers, spinach, broccoli
- Citrus foods
To avoid cardiovascular disease, it is necessary to reduce consumption of saturated fatty acids: meat, cold cuts, animal fats and Omega 6 (sunflower oil, peanuts, dairy products).
On the other hand, unsaturated fats, found in vegetable oils such as olive, sunflower, rapeseed and linseed oil, and in products made from these oils such as margarine spreads, minarine and liquid cooking products, are very good for the body. A balanced consumption of fatty fish (tuna, salmon, mackerel, herring, oysters, crab, shellfish, scallops and especially sardines preserved in olive oil) is also preferred.
Foods with a low glycemic index prevent a rapid rise in blood sugar levels.
It is therefore better to avoid fast sugars (sweets, industrial fruit juices, white bread, etc.) in favour of slow sugars and in particular cereals (quinoa, buckwheat, small spelt, oats, wholemeal pasta, wholemeal rice) and legumes (chickpeas, lentils, split peas...)
Our advice for ageing well
As we have already indicated, a good diet is essential to slow down the ageing process and age-related health concerns. But beyond the content of your plate, certain habits have a positive effect on slowing down ageing:
- Avoiding tobacco and alcoholic drinks
- Staying sufficiently hydrated
- Regular physical activity
- Protect your skin from the sun
- Get enough sleep
- Stay socially active
What is included in a nutrition consultation for ageing well at Turó Park Dental & Medical Center?
- First free consultation by video consultation: during this first appointment, our nutritionist will take the time to understand your needs and your personal situation in order to propose a personalised programme that meets your expectations.
- Delivery of the personalised programme: you will receive your programme and action plan by email and will benefit from a consultation to ask your questions and discuss with your nutritionist.
- Regular follow-up: you will then benefit from a personalised follow-up for 3 months, with regular consultations.
- Review: 6 months after the start of your programme, you will be able to consult your nutritionist again to ensure that your results are sustainable.