Are you looking for a pneumologist in Barcelona?
The pneumologist is a doctor specialising in the respiratory system and lung diseases.
If you suffer from daily breathlessness, sleep disorders, wheezing or recurrent bronchitis, do not hesitate to make an appointment with our pulmonologist.
Based on his clinical examination, your symptoms and your history, he will be able to prescribe additional tests, including stress tests, in order to make a diagnosis and propose a suitable treatment plan.
Speed up your treatment!
To make an appointment or speak with one of our team members, please contact us using the options below.
Our pneumology services
Our pulmonary specialist offers his professional expertise to help asthma patients improve their condition, relieve their current symptoms and prevent exacerbations.
Support in quitting smoking
To accompany you in your project to stop smoking, our specialist in pneumology offers you a global and personalised approach in order to put all the chances on your side to say goodbye to cigarettes for good.
Our pneumologist specialised in sleep apnoea offers comprehensive assistance in the diagnosis of sleep disorders: sleep pathology, hypersomnias, insomnias, parasomnias and circadian alterations.
Why consult a pneumologist?
In most cases, it is the general practitioner who refers the patient to a pneumologist.
However, certain respiratory signs should give cause for alarm and may justify a consultation directly with the pneumologist:
- A persistent cough
- Spitting up blood
- Persistent chest pain.
Pneumology is the medical speciality devoted to respiratory diseases. It therefore deals with a whole range of pathologies such as :
- Cancers of the lungs, bronchial tubes or pleura;
- Respiratory allergies;
- Respiratory failure;
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD);
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension;
- Pulmonary embolism;
- Respiratory disorders related to systemic diseases (vasculitides, connectivities, sarcoidosis);
- Infectious diseases, such as tuberculosis, pneumonia or lung abscess;
- Genetic diseases such as cystic fibrosis (mucoviscidosis);
- Sleep disorders (apnea, snoring);
- Occupational respiratory diseases, due to exposure to certain substances (asbestos, chemicals, dust);
- Smoking-related diseases (emphysema, chronic bronchitis);
- Neuromuscular diseases with respiratory symptoms;
- Resuscitation, intensive care;
- Lung transplantation.
Breathing properly is vital.
Our pneumology department welcomes you for the diagnosis and treatment of all your respiratory problems.