Podiatry with the accurate study, diagnosis and treatment of disorders that affect the foot, nails and posture with an English-speaking podiatrist in Barcelona.
The podiatrist is a specialist qualified, through years of study and training, for the diagnosis and treatment of various foot, nail and posture conditions.
At the Turó Park Medical Clinic, our team of English-speaking podiatrists welcomes you to our clinic in the heart of Barcelona to carry out a complete clinical examination and to treat all pathologies related to feet and posture in a personalized and informative manner.
Do not hesitate to make an appointment now with our podiatrist.
What is the role of a podiatrist?
Podiatry, or otherwise known as podology, is the field of healthcare dedicated to the study of the foot and its anatomy, mechanics and different possible pathologies.
The podiatrist therefore intervenes in the diagnosis and treatment of the many possible pathologies related to the foot and ankle. They can offer different types of services:
- Pedicure care (corns, ingrown nails, warts, etc.)
- Manufacture of orthotics
- Production of personalized insoles
- Treatment of warts
- Fungal treatments
- Nail surgery
It is advisable to consult a podiatrist as soon as you feel pain or discomfort, particularly when walking, but also at the first realization of the appearance of corns, calluses, or other symptoms on your feet, skin or nails.
What pathologies can be treated by a podiatrist?
There many pathologies associated with podology that vary across subjects such as the mechanics of the foot, conditions of the nails and conditions of the skin.
At the first sight of unusual appearances on your feet, pain or discomfort in these areas, it is best to consult a podiatrist who will then propose the best possible solution and will offer reliable treatments.
Among the pathologies there are:
- Conditions related to foot structure and walking: providing silicone orthoses, plantar supports, platforms and moulds.
- Nail infections of the feet: paronychia, onychomycosis, onychogriphosis, onychocryptosis or ingrown nails, botryomycome, nail reconstructions i.e. Chiropodology.
- Skin disorders: athlete’s foot, hyperkeratosis, warts, helomas, dermatomycosis, fungal treatments.
- Malformation and deformations of the feet
- Morphostatic and dynamic disorders of the feet: Sever’s disease, calcaneal spine, hollow feet, sesamoeidopathies…
- Specific pathologies such as hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating of the feet)
Symptoms related to other pathologies: some diseases such as diabetes can promote pain or the development of diseases in the feet. General practitioners or other specialists may make referrals to a podiatrist for their expertise in the effects of certain diseases on the feet.
Do you have problems with your posture or gait and need help to resolve the balance?
Our podologist provides solutions using the most innovative and advanced technology.
- Baropodometric platforms and molds
- Orthopodology: silicone orthoses and plantar supports
- Silicone manufacturing
More specifically, it is possible for our podiatrist to provide solutions to your specific case using, for instance, personalized insoles, baropodometric platforms or plantar supports. All of these treatments are highly personalized and created on an individual case-to-case basis.
But what happens in a consultation for posture and gait correction?
Normally, in order to develop these personalized services, an in-depth clinical posture analysis is required to then offer you adapted insoles.
Before creating insoles, the podologist first reviews the reasons for your visit and then a full foot examination while lying down to determine the painful areas. The examination continues in a standing position to observe your contact points and posture.
Next, and depending on your case, they may use a treadmill and a baropodometric platform to observe you walking and finally, your shoes are examined for deformations and wear.
Our podiatrists make sure to keep you informed at all times throughout the process, throughout which you can also ask any questions.
Our English-speaking podiatrists in Barcelona
Podiatrist in Barcelona: our answers to your frequently asked questions
- Diagnostic: the podiatrist begins to interview the patient to understand better the reason for the visit and then continues with an in-depth clinical examination.
- Development of the treatment plan: depending on the diagnosis, the podiatrist will propose to the patient a therapeutic project based on medication, orthotics, or others.
- Implementation of the treatment: if necessary, the podiatrist will tailor the soles for the patient and will take care of treating the skin diseases of the feet as well of the nails (calluses, corns, plantar warts, ingrown nails, mycosis, etc.).
- During the consultation, the podiatrist will always provide advice to the patient to maintain good hygiene and take care of his feet.
Generally, a podiatrist is consulted when the need arises, that is, when there is pain or discomfort in the feet. Be careful, however, pain in the knee, hip or back may also indicate problems with the feet.
Regular preventive consultations are also indicated if you are diabetic, overweight, elderly, or if you practice regular physical activity.
Benefit from efficient follow-up services at Turo Park Clinics
Once you have consulted a podiatrist regarding an affection with your feet, nails or posture, it is usually recommended that you attend a follow-up consultation to assess the development of the treatment.
Our highly-qualified team is able to offer solutions adapted to adults with a range of lifestyles and circumstances, no matter what their needs might be. For instance, in order to provide assistance to diabetic to prevent the common pathologies of the feet; athletes whose joints, muscles and tendons suffer from frequent, intensive stress; and the elderly.